________________________________________________________

not all those who wander are lost


Friday, February 19, 2010

Cucharachas in the SHOWER!



Yes, you read correctly. I had the surprise of my life last night... okay, maybe not my life; I exaggerate.  So, I was about to take a shower.  As I pulled back the curtain and stepped inside, I saw it.  IT was a cucharacha.  And it was huge.  Practically the size of my hand.  I realize I have small hands--but STILL.  Resisting the urge to scream and run from the bathroom without clothing, I grabbed the nearest weapon, which happened to be a squeegee.  Not exactly sure how to proceed, the cockroach and I did a little dance around the bathroom, feinting and sparring.  I finally cornered the bugger by the sink.  However, I realized that I had nothing with which to smush it, nor did I have the nerve to try.  While it cowered it the dark, glowering at me, I reassessed my options.  I quickly dressed and began a search throughout the house for some sort of poison, incendiary or atomic bomb.  I located a bottle of Raid-like substance with a picture of a dying cucharacha on the label.  Perfect.  The insect of darkness was still cowering in his little corner.  I approached, guns drawn, and fired at his colossal head.  Forty-five seconds of a constant spray of bug killer and another mad chase around the bathroom, I finally had a cockroach carcass.  I ended up flushing it; however, in retrospect, I should have saved it and taken it to a taxidermist, as Brice suggested.  It would have been a Boone and Crockett sized treasure.        

No comments:

Post a Comment