________________________________________________________

not all those who wander are lost


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos a mi!

It's my birthday!


Okay maybe not anymore... but it was!  Let me tell you all about it:

So on Friday night Brice, Karina, Kelsey, Ally, Patrick and I had a delicious meal at one of the best restaurants in Cordoba called La Nieta 'e la Pancha.  Its reputation is well founded.  We enjoyed pastas and steaks cooked to perfection on the open air terrace.  Afterward, we headed to Patrick's house for an international student get-together.  It was themed "Cocktail Party" so we were all dressed to impress.  Two of Patrick's roommates baked me a delicious cake and everyone sang my first Happy Birthday of the year-- in over 5 languages!  It was very sweet and very fun and a great way to start the birthday weekend.

Dinner Guests



On Saturday I was busy all day falling gracefully from the sky :)

Sunday!  The anniversary of my birth!  I went to church in the morning, and then had a wonderful asado with my host family.  Olga's son and his wife came as well as Heather's mother who is here visiting.  It was delicious, with an equally yummy cake for dessert!  
Afternoon Asado
 Sunday evening I had a second asado, this time at Kelsey's house, with friends from the university and some friends from church.  Luckily, one of my friends from church came early and knew how to work the grill because we didn't have an Asador (person who makes the asado--kind of important!)  It turned out to be a wonderful little get-together and it was fun to have all of my friends meet each other and hang out.  I really felt love and support from my friends here.  It was a little hard to be away from home and Zach and all my friends on my birthday, but my friends really made an effort to be there for me.  It warms my heart!


Happy Birthday

1 comment: