________________________________________________________

not all those who wander are lost


Sunday, May 30, 2010

...Be Our Guest...


That's right... I saw the Broadway musical Beauty and the Beast
Yes.  It was a dream come true.

I wasn't aware that it would be in Buenos Aires when we were, but my friend Leslie was able to get discount tickets through her bank so we all piled into the theater.  I make it sound so easy.  Here's what really happened:

Brice and I were late leaving the market (he finally caught the shopping bug and decided to make some last minute purchases, I have a bad influence like that [see Shopping Bliss for more information]).  As we began walking to meet with Leslie and Filipine at a cafe, the rain started.  The skies opened and rain flowed from the sky like Niagra, Iguazu and Victoria Falls all put together.  I have never seen/ felt rain so strong and so heavy in my life.  The umbrella proved useless against the torrential downpour.  We finally arrived a soaking, cold mess.

No matter how damp or cold I was, my spirits couldn't be dampened in the least.  It truly was magical.  It was in Spanish, but the songs sounded exactly the same, just the words were in Spanish.  The sets were absolutely brilliant.  It was better than the movie.  They were fantastic and dreamlike.  The acting was stupendous and all the actors were incredibly talented.  The dance numbers were astounding.  The "Be Our Guest" was played out just like the movie, and there were people dancing as plates, knives, spoons, forks, desserts and moving parts on the stage.  Captivating.  Magical.  I may or may not have cried while Belle and the Beast danced.  You would have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment