________________________________________________________

not all those who wander are lost


Monday, May 10, 2010

Llamas, Chickens and.... Dancing Elephants?




I went to the Zoo!


Yes.  I'm 21 years old.  Don't judge.  You know you love the zoo too.  The zoo is located within the lush greenery of Parque Sarimientos, the largest park in the city.  Juliette and I decided Wednesday morning would be a lovely opportunity to take in the Argentine version of a beloved pastime.

Results? A nice and relaxing afternoon.  Back in February, Brice proffered that perhaps the zoo was nothing more than a stray dog chained to a tree... Luckily, this was far from the case.  The zoo has a beautiful landscape, which is almost better than the animals.  The animals are varied, but mostly  focus on the wildlife of South America, specifically Argentina and Chile.  It was funny to see some of the "exotic" animals... like the north American buffalo.

My father should be happy to know that I've finally seen a donkey... in the zoo.  Before I came here, he insisted that my host mother would take me home on the back of our burro.  I keep trying to convince him that this a developing country... he's a good sport.

The elephant came out to say hello, and she did a little dance for us.  I don't know if it was on purpose.. but it certainly seemed like it!

Unfortunately, we missed the Aquatics show, renowned as the highlight of the zoo adventure; we'll have to catch it next time.

The zoo was a fun and silly way to pass the morning.  It was a beautiful setting to walk and talk and have a little nature time.

No comments:

Post a Comment